Sunday, February 28, 2010

AW10 LONDON FASHION WEEK: MY TOP FIVE SHOWS

Posted by Fashion Editor at Large

London Fashion Week was excellent. It was supremely well organised with solid shows delivering the creative and commercial. Burberry came out tops for me, with special praise going to Meadham Kirchhoff.  However, my main category of good show is here. These five collections gave me the jolt of the new that I need to keep engaged in the job. These designers are, for me, pushing fashion forward into this new decade.  

JOANNA SYKES
Joanna Sykes: Love!

PETER PILOTTO & CHISTOPHER DE VOS
Peter Pilotto: How chic?
Peter Pilotto: Excuse me while I swoon...

RICHARD NICOLL
Richard Nicoll: His new proportions threaten to make everything else look dated

AQUASCUTUM
 
Aquascutum: I love you Michael Herz! Cannot wait to wear Aquascutum this Autumn.. 
Aquascutum: Freja better not have the sample of these trousers. They are mine.

CHRISTOPHER KANE
Christopher Kane: S&M florals go Scottish dancing. Where can I pre-order?

No comments:

Post a Comment