Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LONDON FASHION WEEK: BETWEEN THE SEAMS WITH MERCEDES-BENZ

Posted by Melanie Rickey, Fashion Editor at Large

Mercedes-Benz is one of the official sponsors of London Fashion week, and as such convey many of the major editors, buyers models and celebrities around the city from show to show in fabulous cars. In that capacity they make fashion week do-able, and we love them for it. Mercedes-Benz also have a fashion website created especially to share the stories of all the people they work with in London, me amongst them, over the five days of the shows. In my case, I literally share my stories from this blog, so most of the London Fashion Week previews published here are over on voicesoffashion.co.uk too.  My  favourite aspect of the experience over on Voices of Fashion are the slick videos; one for each day of the shows. We get to find out a day in the life of a fashion buyer, thanks to the amazing Ruth Chapman, owner of Matches - sheesh - and I thought we journalists had it hard. Not to mention the HILARIOUS films by my friend Brix Smith Start with her little black leggy pug, Gladys. I have been laughing out loud at the video of Brix taking the dogs for their fashion week outfits at Mulberry.

The first film is funny and cute. The second one is super-informative. I'm in the second one for about five seconds btw, though I'm not sure I made much sense, though. I'll leave you with these, and get back to creating our summaries of fashion week, the models of the week is done (see below), to the most popular music played and of course what is trending..


Gladys In The Hood


Day Four of Fashion Week, including Tony Berardi, Christopher Kane, Matches, me, Brix and Tim Blanks

No comments:

Post a Comment