Tuesday, February 14, 2012

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK FW12: THE BEST LOOKS SO FAR + ALL THE NEWS FROM MONDAY

Posted by Melanie Rickey, Fashion Editor at Large

New York Fashion Week never really blows me away in terms of new ideas, but what it lacks in innovation (et tu Yohji Jacobs?)  it makes up for with A-List glamour, clothes and boots I love and want to wear and occasionally fresh new ways to style it up.

First up, I want to share the freshest runway looks I've seen, and if you scroll down you'll find the highlights from yesterday, which included Marc Jacobs show late last night where he channeled the Japanese fashion giants Yohji Yamamoto and Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garcons.

MELANIE RICKEY TOP EIGHT NEW YORK LOOKS SO FAR....

Marc Jacobs glittery coat and pink buckled shoes - LOVE

Alexander Wang's mesh boots and hooded biker - so cool

There is not one person I know who would not look FABULOUS in this 3.1 Phillip Lim coat

Olivier Theyskens Theory collection didn't have as many looks to love as the collection for this Spring, but all of these pieces can move in with me right now.

Ok, I'm pretending this furry monster from Peter Som is shearling. If it was shearling it would be OK. Love the tone-on-tone of this ensemble. So chic and fresh. 


Justin and Thea from Preen continue their fashion collage - I adore the way they've mixed florals and sporty elements into such an elegant day dress, 

Stop the press! Victoria Beckham does super form fitting dresses that only women who don't eat carbohydrates can wear! I'm not giving up bread and pasta just yet, but if I did I would wear this.

I dig Band of Outsiders and LOVE the way they have styled this graphically striped hip-length cape with a matchy-matchy pencil skirt. This looks so fresh and flattering. 

Today it is RODARTE. I am looking forward very much. Now onto the twitter pic highlights from yesterday... 

Backstage beauty at Alice and Olivia

The Betsey Johnson invite






Marc Jacobs

Marc Jacobs make-up

The set at Marc Jacobs

Melody Monrose leads the finale at Theyskens' Theory

Pink hair at Preen
Make-up charts at Theyskens Theory
Models emerged from coffins at Thom Browne

Phillip Lim's 3D invite

No comments:

Post a Comment