Tuesday, November 29, 2011

FASHED GOES TO THE BFAs

Posted by Melanie Rickey, Fashion Editor at Large

The Savoy is surely the most glamorous location in London. Fitting as I've never seen the gathered fashion industry look as glammed up as they did last night. Theres nothing like economic gloom to inspire people into their gladrags. I spent the evening at a table hosted by Topshop with designers Nasir Mazhar, Michael van der Ham, and Mary Katrantzou, Alex Fury of Showstudio.com as well as Kate Phelan, Mary Homer and Sheena Sauvaire from TopShop. I love the images Bethan has gathered below, they sum up the night brilliantly. Hooray for Twitter. Now onto a few observations of the evening.
*Kristen McMenamy (below) was my best dressed of the night. She looked insanely brilliant.
*As Laura Craik of The Times pointed out on Twitter, with their girly slightly cockney accents Kate Moss and Victoria Beckham sound very alike.
*Alexa Chung needs to eat a bit more
*Ed Meadham of Meadham Kirchhoff rocked a pink feather boa, making him the campest designer of the night
*Victoria Beckham is cute when she cries.

Kristen McMenamy (from http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/)
Here's what I wore, taken by Mary in our kitchen. Oh the glamour! I liked it, but I'm not sure I'll be having a Gatsby moment again anytime soon. Its just too retro. I like modern. Still, it worked for the Savoy. The dress is vintage 1930s from Lucy in Disguise, shoes Louboutin, and John at Daniel Hercheson did my hair, he also did Charlotte Dellal's of Charlotte Olympia. Anyway, thats the last you'll see of me for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment