Monday, November 28, 2011

SARAH BURTON FOR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR!

Posted by Melanie Rickey, Fashion Editor at Large

Backstage at Alexander McQueen Spring/Summer 2012 show, by Jason Lloyd Evans

Tonight is the British Fashion Awards and I am hoping, (though to my mind it is a foregone conclusion), that Sarah Burton is crowned Designer of the Year. It has been such a roller-coaster for Sarah since February 2010 when she took over the creative reins at Alexander McQueen. Throughout the tumultuous process of losing a friend, gaining a major role at the company and quietly and brilliantly dressing a royal bride she has conducted herself with grace and modesty all the while producing exquisite breathtaking work. I have huge respect for her, and thinks she deserves all the accolades possible tonight. If she doesn't win, there is no God. Fingers crossed! 

Go Sarah!

Ok, so I'm now off to do what a girl has to do to get ready for the BFA's. Nail bar, hairdresser, then home to dress! I'm wearing vintage tonight - a lovely 1930s dress from Lily and Sarah Allen's boutique Lucy in Disguise. My clutch will be Alexander McQueen, for luck.   

No comments:

Post a Comment